How to remove a device from Netflix: Deactivate and Disconnect Your Account on Unwanted Devices
You can log into Netflix accounts on multiple devices, making it possible to share your details with friends and family. However, if you’ve had enough of sharing, have maxed out your devices, have upgraded your phone, or you want to revoke access for someone, in particular, read on.
Alternatively, you can stream shows with friends without sharing your login using the Showgoers Chrome extension. It lets you watch Netflix with people you know, and chat with them in real-time. This does assume that everyone in the group has a Netflix account and that they want to watch the show at the same time, but it’s a much more manageable way of enjoying boxsets even when your friends or family aren’t nearby.
How to deactivate a device on Netflix:
- Go to Netflix.com and log in.
- Hover over your profile image (or the green icon if you haven’t set a profile picture) and click on “Your Account” from the dropdown menu.
- Once open, select “Sign out of all devices” under the “Settings” section.
- You’ll then be asked to confirm your choice, click “Sign Out”.
- Once signed out, you can begin to sign back in on the devices you use Netflix without the worry of stray logins.
This can take up to eight hours to complete. Unfortunately, Netflix doesn’t have an option to remove only one device. If you’re attempting to kick a user off of your Netflix account you will have to logout of all your Netflix devices. You can also review which devices are logged in.